The 3D printing industry has seen tremendous development over the past few years. While 3D printers were massive and expensive previously, present times offer compact and affordable options for the users.
However, possessing a printer won’t guarantee that one can make the best models. Several 3D printer accessories work together to create a high-quality 3D printed object.
These accessories are a crucial part of any 3D printer, and one must ensure they get the right ones that suit their purpose. The appropriate accessories will enhance your print quality and help you make the most of your device.
Let us look at the 14 best 3D printer accessories in 2022!
Top 14 Essential Accessories for 3D Printing
Here, we compare two of the best products in each category of the essential accessories you will require for your 3D printer.
In addition, we have a detailed review of each product which can help you choose the better among all the 3D printer accessories. So, dive in!
1. Digital Caliper
A digital caliper allows you to measure a part you want to replicate in 3D. It also validates the dimension of a calibration print.
You can even check the precision of the prints’ calculations against the dimensions in the source CAD model.
Digital calipers also come in handy for examining the accuracy of your 3D printing filaments. These accessories can make your printing experience effortless because you will be able to make the necessary adjustment you require.
1.1 NEIKO 01407A Electronic Digital Caliper
- Can measure an inch, fraction, and millimeter with a multi-function quick change button
- High resolution and accuracy with precise readings
- Affordable pricing
- High-quality stainless steel body
- Excellent battery life
- Extra large LCD screen for effortless reading
- May not come pre-calibrated
- Can show some inaccurate measurements when the battery is low
In conclusion, the NEIKO 01407A Electronic Digital Caliper comes with multi-functionality. We found its resolution and accuracy to be precise. Also, it has long-lasting battery life with a user-friendly screen.
View on Amazon: NEIKO 01407A Electronic Digital Caliper
1.2 Kynup Digital Caliper
- Has a measurement range of 0 – 6”/ 0 – 150 mm
- An accuracy of Ã‚Â±0.001Ã¢â‚¬ /0.02mm with resolution up to 0.0005″ /0.01mm
- Comes with four measuring ways – depth, step, external and internal diameter
- Battery-saving with auto shut down feature
- Can switch between inch, fraction, and millimeter measurements by pushing a button
- Smaller fonts on the LCD screen
- May start to show issues when exposed to a substantial amount of water
The Kynup caliper is highly accurate with measurements and has unique features like auto shut down and multi-functionality with multiple measuring ways. But, it is not waterproof, and the smaller LCD screen opposes its purpose.
View on Amazon: Kynup Digital Caliper
Also, if you are looking for the best digital caliper, check out our guide!
2. Filament Dry Box
Sometimes you might encounter an issue using your 3D printer when the filament gets exposed to the air for too long and becomes wet. Luckily, you can dry this filament to bring it back to its original state with the help of filament dryers, also called dry filament boxes.
Filament dryers heat the moisture present in the wet filament and bring out its best 3D printing characteristics so that you can print the highest quality models.
2.1 JAYO Filament Dryer Box
- Continuously rotates to remove moisture from the filament
- User-friendly interface
- Compatible with maximum 3D printing filaments and printers
- No operational sound
- Customizable temperature settings
- Requires a minimum of 6 hours to dry
- Generates an odor at higher temperatures
In conclusion, the JAYO Filament Dryer Box is suitable for most filaments because of its user-friendliness. In addition, it is customizable, which enhances its quality as a dryer box. Its only downside is that it gave out a mild odor when used at a higher temperature.
View on Amazon: JAYO Filament Dryer Box
2.2 SUNLU FilaDryer S2 Storage Dry Box
- Large touchscreen
- Upper and lower heating plates to provide 360-degree heating
- Real-time humidity detection features
- Breakthrough heating temperature up to 70 degrees Celsius
- Works with different filaments
- Not ideal for all printer setups
The SUNLU FilaDryer S2 Storage Dry Box has unique features like a 360-degree heating system and compatibility with most filaments. However, it’s somewhat expensive.
View on Amazon: SUNLU FilaDryer S2 Storage Dry Box
3. Filament Vacuum Storage Bag
A filament vacuum storage bag can improve your 3D printing experience and help you store the filament without worrying about moisture absorption.
It has a vacuum valve, and pumps suck the air out and create a vacuum seal. Consequently, this vacuum seal prevents moisture from entering the storage container. Filament vacuum storage bags also come with an indicator that notifies you when the seal happens.
3.1 AMOLEN 3D Printer Filament Storage Bag Vacuum 12 pcs
- Can store about 14 filaments at once
- Durable and recyclable bags
- Drains air within 30 seconds of sealing
- Prevents dust
- Keeps the filaments dry
- May not work for more than 12 hours
Even though AMOLEN 3D Printer Filament Storage Bag Vacuum 12 pcs are smaller, they are a cheaper option with compatibility with most filaments. In addition, their resistance to humidity and environment-friendly nature makes them a good buy.
View on Amazon: AMOLEN 3D Printer Filament Storage Bag Vacuum 12 pcs
3.2 YOOPAI 3D Printing Filament Vacuum Storage Bags 15pcs
- Compatible with different filaments
- It does not require you to buy a pump every time
- Tricky to reseal
In conclusion, the Yoopai bags are an affordable option. Moreover, they are environment-friendly and compatible with most filaments.
View on Amazon: YOOPAI 3D Printing Filament Vacuum Storage Bags 15pcs
4. Masking Tape
Masking tapes are one of the most frequently used 3D printer accessories. They help each of your prints adhere better to the print bed. Moreover, they support the easy removal of the finished print from the print bed and protect it from unwanted scratches.
Ensure you choose a masking tape with a minimum width of 5 cm (2 inches).
4.1 Tapix Wide Blue Painters Tape, 4-inch x 60 Yards
- Effortless usage and removal process
- One strip of 4-inch width full coverage to all the most widely used print beds
- Good adhesion on the print beds with no residuals on removal
- Heat resistant up to 87 degrees Celsius
- Available in multiple widths of 4, 6, 9, and 12 inches
- Difficult to unroll as it is thin
- Stretches on usage
In conclusion, the advantage of Tapix Wide Blue Painters Tape is its massive width that covers the build plate effortlessly. In addition, we found this product to have excellent adhesion, and the best part is that it leaves no residue on removal! But, be careful while using it as it may tear due to its thinness.
View on Amazon: Tapix Wide Blue Painters Tape, 4-inch x 60 Yards
4.2 Hxtape High-Temperature Kapton Tape
- Resistant to high temperatures up to 350- degrees Celsius
- Excellent solvent, acid, and alkali resistance with minimal shrinkage
- Made from polyimide film and silicone adhesive
- Protected against radiation and insulated against heat
- Requires multiple pieces to cover the print bed due to lesser width
- Not suitable for some printed models as it is thin (0.3 mm)
In conclusion, the Hxtape High-Temperature Kapton Tape is resistant to most chemicals and a cheaper option for many. But the disadvantage of using this product lies in its small width, which sometimes frustrates you.
View on Amazon: Hxtape High-Temperature Kapton Tape
5. 3D Print Removal Tools
3D printed models often stick to the printer bed. In such cases, you will need a print removal instrument, such as a spatula or scraper. Put the tool underneath the model and push to lift it. This tool can also help you scrape off any leftover pieces of filament.
Some people also use a liquid solution that weakens the bond between your printed model and the print bed.
Most 3D printers come with a generic spatula or scraper. However, they may not work appropriately. In that case, we recommend the Reptor Premium Tool Kit set or the Amx3D print removal accessories for you.
5.1 REPTOR Premium 3D Print Removal Tool Kit
- Different-sized blades for different-sized 3D printed models
- Made from stainless steel with solid rivets
- Comfortable rubber grip for an ergonomic design
- Works as a leveling knife for leftover removal
- Beveled front-edged longer tool to access the rear section of the print and lift it
- Somewhat expensive
- Only plastic rivets on the smaller knife
In conclusion, the stainless steel blades glide smoothly, allowing users to enjoy a hassle-free printing experience. Following are the unique selling point of the Premium 3D Print Removal Tool Kit.
View on Amazon: REPTOR Premium 3D Print Removal Tool Kit
5.2 Amx3D 3D Print Removal Accessories
- Wooden handles to prevent the tool from slipping or breaking
- 0.7mm thick blade that does not bend while lifting the printed part
- Slides smoothly under the printed object to lift it instead of prying
- Affordable for a three-piece set
- Sharp edges on the smaller spatula may hurt you if you are not cautious
- May bend if not used at an appropriate angle
In conclusion, the best part about using Amx3D 3D Print Removal Accessories was the three pieces at a lower price. In addition, we liked the wooden handles that were easy to use. However, we had to be cautious to prevent any accidents from the sharp edges of the items.
View on Amazon: Amx3D 3D Print Removal Accessories
6. Needle-Nose Pliers
3D printer accessories like needle-nose pliers enable you to reach the confined areas of your 3D printer and prints and provide a good grip. We recommend choosing needle-nose pliers with a slip-resistant grip.
You can also use needle-nose pliers to remove jams from your printer, cut filament residuals, and install new filaments.
6.1 IRWIN VISE-GRIP Long Nose Plier
- Constructed with durable nickel chromium steel
- Comfortable grip to reduce hand fatigue
- Superior long-reach design
- Good gripping strength
- Stays sharp for a long time
- Slightly expensive for a plier
- Prone to rusting
Even though the IRWIN VISE-GRIP Long Nose Plier is a bit expensive, we found it to be a value-for-money product. Of course, it could be better if it were waterproof. But, we were impressed by its gripping strength.
View on Amazon: IRWIN VISE-GRIP Long Nose Plier
6.2 Dykes Needle Nose Plier
- Works well in tight and confined areas
- Made with durable carbon steel
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Fine tip for gripping small objects
- Jaws do not close fully and work for thinner objects
In conclusion, choosing this is a fair decision to fix wires and delicate parts of a 3D printer as it is affordable and durable as it contain carbon steel.
View on Amazon: Dykes Needle Nose Plier
Tweezers of different shapes and sizes can help you a great deal in finishing complex 3D printing tasks. They provide an excellent and cheap remedy for delicate and accurate adjustments in your 3D printer or printed part.
3D printer accessories like tweezers are extraordinary for plucking dripping filament from the extruder nozzles, and the best part is that you don’t have to burn your fingers to do so.
7.1 Kaverme 6PCS Precision Tweezers Set
- High-quality stainless steel product
- Multi-functionality with six types of tweezers
- Surface electrostatic discharge finish preventing static damage to components
- Fine points to work with smaller objects precisely
- Hold their shape and do not bend quickly
- Sharp points except for one rounded tip
In conclusion, Kaverme 6PCS Precision Tweezers Set is an inexpensive product that offers multiple uses. These tweezers have a stainless steel surface that works smoothly with smaller and larger objects. The best part for us is that these tweezers do not bend even after prolonged usage.
Buy on Amazon: Kaverme 6PCS Precision Tweezers Set
7.2 Kingsdun 9PCS Stainless Steel Tweezer Set
- Electrostatic dissipating coating
- Precision tip for intricate details
- Matte surface finishing for anti-slip
- Non-magnetic stainless steel body with a rounded tip
- Resistant to most acids and other chemicals
- Slightly expensive for a nine-piece set
- Lack of gripping strength for tiny parts
In conclusion, the Kingsdun tweezer’s performance as tweezers has helped to set new records as a protective shield against static damage.
View on Amazon: Kingsdun 9PCS Stainless Steel Tweezer Set
8. 3D Printer Spatula
Occasionally, you will notice that your 3D print gets stuck to the build surfaces more than you want. It is when a 3D printer spatula comes in handy. You can use it by gently pushing it under the print and lifting it carefully.
We recommend you buy a sturdy and flexible spatula for the best experience.
8.1 Eewolf 3D Printer Removal Tool Scrapper
- Flexible and reaches under the object
- Rounded edge to prevent any tear on the printed object
- Wooden handle with a comfortable grip
- Suitable for larger objects
- Sturdy and durable against heated print beds
- Thicker edge may face problems sliding under the model
- Requires additional force to scrape
In conclusion, the Eewolf 3D Printer Removal Tool Scrapperis pretty flexible. But, its thicker edge defeats the purpose of sliding it under the model to lift. Also, it works better with larger objects than smaller ones, which may break if you apply additional force.
View on Amazon: Eewolf 3D Printer Removal Tool Scrapper
8.2 BuildTak BT30185 Spatula
- Ergonomic rubber grip
- Rigid stainless steel material
- The thinner front edge that slides under the model
- Tapered finishing to prevent cuts or tears
- No marks on the print bed
- Slightly expensive
- Heavier than many other spatulas on the market
In conclusion, the BuildTak BT30185 Spatula is quite heavy, as it has a comfortable rubber grip but it eases lifting. The thinner front edge slides smoothly under the object and leaves no marks on your print. Therefore, we would say it is worth its price. We conclude that the BuildTak spatula is a good option for scraping off your model from the print bed. It is sturdy and comfortable to hold even with its weight. In addition, the thinner blade helps to remove the model effortlessly.
View on Amazon: BuildTak BT30185 Spatula
A set of sandpapers with different grits can help during the post-processing stage of your print. In addition, you can use good-quality sandpaper to define the details of your models.
Sandpapers can also smooth out rough parts, mostly edges and the surface.
We recommend you buy a set of branded sandpapers from coarse (120 grit) to fine (1000 grit or more). A premium quality sandpaper will not wear out quickly.
9.1 Miady 120 To 5000 Assorted Grit Sandpaper
- Made from waterproof silicon carbide
- Electro-coated for perfect sanding
- Easy to cut into tiny pieces
- Multi-functional grit papers
- Sharper against scratches
- Rips when used with vibrating sander
In conclusion, the Miady 120 To 5000 Assorted Grit Sandpaper has waterproof silicon carbide, which works with most liquids and does not dissolve easily. Although it is a bit expensive, it does its job just fine.
View on Amazon: Miady 120 To 5000 Assorted Grit Sandpaper
9.2 LANHU Abrasive Dry Wet Waterproof Sandpaper Sheets Assorted
- It works with water, varnish, lacquer, etc.
- Sharpens objects by giving a smooth finish
- Effective against scratches
- Multi-functional usage
- Rips after prolonged use
- Works poorly with oil
In conclusion, these grit silicone carbide sandpapers owe customers interest as they perform great in polishing uneven surfaces. In addition, the result obtained is promising.
View on Amazon: LANHU Abrasive Dry Wet Waterproof Sandpaper Sheets Assorted
10. 3D Printer Nozzle
3D printer nozzles come in a variety of sizes and shapes. However, they serve the same function. i.e., they deposit the molten filament on the print bed.
The different sizes help when you want to print bigger models in lesser time. Here, you will need a nozzle large enough to do the job. In addition, such accessories ensure a higher filament flow and thicker layer heights.
10.1 0.4MM MK8 Ender 3 Nozzles 25 pcs
- Stainless steel needles marked with size specifications
- Compatible with most 3D printers
- Appropriate fit and user-friendly application
- Smooth, concentric input and output holes
- Flat contact surface to prevent leakage
- Sticks with ABS filament
- Length requires print bed re-leveling
In conclusion, their compatibility with most printers makes them a suitable option to choose. But while choosing these replacement nozzles, make sure you have gathered all the information about the filament.
View on Amazon: 0.4MM MK8 Ender 3 Nozzles 25 pcs
10.2 Mudder Hardened Steel Nozzle 0.4 mm/ 1.75 mm 3D Printer MK8 Nozzles
- Made from hardened tool steel
- Resistant to heat and corrosion
- Sturdy and durable construction
- High precision and smooth finish
- Compatible with most printers
- High temperatures for clog-free prints
- Needs recalibration sometimes
In conclusion, the Mudder Hardened Steel Nozzle 0.4 mm/ 1.75 mm 3D Printer MK8 Nozzles are made from hardened tool steel and are resistant to heat and corrosion. They are both sturdy and long-lasting. They are made with higher precision and have a smoother finish. Furthermore, they are compatible with most printers.
Also, if you are looking for the best 3D printer nozzle, check out our guide!
11. 3D Printer Nozzle Cleaning Kit
As the nozzle is the part that extrudes the molten filament, it can become clogged after continuous usage. One ensures the quality of this part as it is vital to one’s printer. A clogged nozzle will make faulty printed pieces.
Cleaning the nozzles is not effortless- it requires the appropriate tools for this purpose. Specialized cleaning kits are the best option for removing clogged residuals from the nozzles. They work on different sizes and can remove even burnt or cooked filament.
11.1 REPTOR 3D Printer Nozzle Cleaning Kit
- Value for money
- A flexible needle that ensures maintenance of your nozzles
- Anti-static and non-magnetic curved tools
- Sharp quality needles
- Smaller handles
In conclusion, the REPTOR 3D Printer Nozzle Cleaning Kit is worth your money because it serves its purpose and comes at an affordable price. It has a flexible needle that is perfect for maintaining your nozzles. Furthermore, it has anti-static, non-magnetic curved tools with sharp needles. Although it has smaller handles and the tools bend easily.
View on Amazon: REPTOR 3D Printer Nozzle Cleaning Kit
11.2 KITANIS 3D Printer Nozzle Cleaning Kit with Brush
- Unique handle and needle structures
- Easy to carry
- Flexible and sturdy
- Made from premium stainless steel
- Flimsy tweezers
- Soft-bristled brush
In conclusion, the KITANIS 3D Printer Nozzle Cleaning Kit with Brush comes at a low price with a unique handle and needle structure. The portability of this product is excellent. Moreover, it is flexible and sturdy at the same time. However, the downside of this product is that it contains flimsy tweezers and a soft-bristled brush.
View on Amazon: KITANIS 3D Printer Nozzle Cleaning Kit with Brush
12. 3D Printing Glue
It is vital to ensure the proper adhesion of your print to the print bed during the 3D printing process. Another way you can increase the plate adhesion is by covering your print bed with 3D printing glue. Using it is simple- you have to apply it directly to the build plate, then you can wipe it off easily with water.
On the other hand, it does not apply to those materials prone to deformation, such as ABS and polycarbonate.
12.1 Magigoo MO2016
- Compatible with multiple filaments
- Works on various surfaces.
- Easy to use
- Dries up quickly inside the bottle
- Applicator breaks easily
In conclusion, the Magigoo MO2016 is compatible with several filaments and works on multiple surfaces. Applying it is easy. Additionally, it is odorless and long-lasting. However, it dries up quickly inside the bottle, and the applicator is fragile, so you must handle it carefully.
View on Amazon: Magigoo MO2016
12.2 Gorilla Super Glue Gel XL
- Gel-like consistency
- Anti-clog cap prevents glue from drying
- More impact resistance and strength
- Dries quickly within seconds
- Works on most kinds of materials
- Not applicable for polythene or polypropylene plastic, or other similar materials
- Soaks through some materials
In conclusion, the Gorilla Super Glue Gel XL has a gel-like consistency and comes with an anti-clog cap that prevents the glue from drying. As a result, it has increased impact resistance and strength and can dry up quickly. The best part is that it works on most kinds of materials. But, it is not applicable for materials such as polyethylene or polypropylene, or plastic.
View on Amazon: Gorilla Super Glue Gel XL
Also, if you are looking for the best glue for 3d printing, check out our guide!
13. 3D Printing Finishing Tools
One may need several finishing tools to give their printed model a smooth look. Processes like sanding, polishing, cleaning, and painting help to do that. Your object will determine what procedure you need.
13.1 KINGTOOL Cordless 3D Printing Smoothing Tool Kit
- Lightweight, compact
- Quick start-up time
- Interchangeable tips
- USB powered
- Cannot withstand high pressure
In conclusion, the KINGTOOL Cordless 3D Printing Smoothing Tool Kit is a lightweight and compact product with a quick start-up feature. It has interchangeable tips. Additionally, it is USB-powered and effortless to use. Meanwhile, it cannot withstand pressure, which is unexpected for its high price.
View on Amazon: KINGTOOL Cordless 3D Printing Smoothing Tool Kit
13.2 AFA Tooling
- Affordable price
- Works with multiple materials
- Made from high-speed tempered steel
- Ergonomic, comfortable handle
- May scratch the model on applying force
In conclusion, the AFA Tooling is available at an affordable price and is compatible with several materials. In addition, this product is ergonomic and has a comfortable handle. But, this product can be a little too heavy to handle, and there is a risk that you might scratch your model if you apply force.
View on Amazon: AFA Tooling
14. 3D Printer Enclosure
You will not require a 3D printer enclosure for standard PLA 3D printing, but you need one for ABS, Nylon, and Polycarbonate. A heated product is vital for controlling temperature during and after you print. In addition, using it will prevent any external factors from affecting your print.
14.1 Comgrow 3D Printer Enclosure
- Maintains an adequate temperature
- Safe to use
- Quick installation process
- Good noise reduction
- Needs good ventilation
In conclusion, the Comgrow 3D Printer Enclosure maintains a constant temperature. Therefore, it is safe to use, and the installation process is quick and easy. Moreover, it has good-quality noise reduction and consists of dustproof material. However, it can be expensive for some customers and requires good ventilation.
View on Amazon: Comgrow 3D Printer Enclosure
14.2 Creality Fireproof and Dustproof 3D Printer Warm Enclosure
- Fireproof and soundproof
- Ensures full-time monitoring
- Simple installation
- Waterproof material
- Convenient and easy-to-use
- Difficulty in bed-leveling
- Too powerful velcro that requires efforts to open
In conclusion, the Creality Fireproof and Dustproof 3D Printer Warm Enclosure is a fireproof, soundproof, and waterproof accessory that ensures full-time monitoring and is easy to install. However, you might face some difficulty in bed-leveling, and the velcro is a bit stronger than you require.
View on Amazon: Creality Fireproof and Dustproof 3D Printer Warm Enclosure
Also, if you are looking for the best enclosed 3D printer, check out our guide!
A 3D printer user requires multiple accessories to operate. For example, a detail-oriented 3D printer needs a proper digital caliper tool. During the process of 3D Printing, you might need to measure many things. This tool is a must-have as it will help you deliver the prints efficiently and accurately.
If we had to recommend one accessory as the best, we would select the Neiko Digital Caliper. It is an affordable option that serves its purpose well.
A washable 3D printing glue stick is one of the best choices for adhesion as it works fine with different types of material. Similarly, one looking for fine details on their object requires smaller nozzles for intricate prints. These parts are a crucial section of your 3D printer, and one must make a careful selection. Several other essential printing accessories provide a smooth application, and one can follow this article to know what’s best in the market.